Saturday 2 February 2019

Curiouser & Curiouser


Sharing all of the gorgeous pictures from a day spent exploring the "Alice in Wonderland" science exhibit at the Cobb & Co Museum in Toowoomba - as well as everything else the museum (opened in 1987) has to offer including over thirty 19th century horse-drawn vehicles loving restored by founder W.R.F Bolton - with my cousin & her two rambunctious munchkins before heading to the beautiful, heritage-listed Queens Park on Lindsay Street (built in 1875) for a play under the large, shady trees.







I wonder if I shall fall right through the earth! How funny it'll seem to come out among the people that walk with their heads downward!



Her thoughts were way too deep, her mind had gone out for a stroll & had fallen down a rabbit hole...








Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast! Alice









Alice: This is impossible.
Mad Hatter: Only if you believe it is.



"I'm not crazy. My reality is just different from yours." Cheshire Cat



Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality. Cheshire Cat





I knew who I was this morning but I've changed a few times since then... Alice





Would you like an adventure now, or shall we have our tea first? Mad Hatter







If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense! Alice





You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret, all the best people are. Mad Hatter






Off with her head! Queen of Hearts


*












Getting to grips (quite literally, as it happens) with the "Mega Fauna" display. 




The indigenous tribes of Jagera, Giabal & Jarowair inhabited the Darling Downs & surrounding areas for approximately 40,000 years before European settlement. Checking out a selection of implements & artefacts they once used.


Model Trains

*


Enjoying the delicious, homemade fare offered at the museum's in-house dining, Cobb's Coffee Shop. Highly recommended by this particular blogger... standard (if slightly on the cheaper end) pricing, large portion sizes, great rustic taste, served hot, lovely venue as diners are surrounded by atmospheric wood, glass & small displays of historical implements from the 19th century.

*



















*



Energy Exhibit



*











Posing up a storm in the "big wheel" of a historic steamroller wearing a gorgeous, retro-inspired monochrome polka dot jersey wrap dress from Australian designer label Perri Cutten, black leather heeled sandals (the ideal fusion of comfort & style) from Wittner, black leather handbag from Pigeonhole to carry all the essentials while keeping my hands free, silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & finally, a natty white straw panama hat with black grosgrain ribbon band from Decjuba to ward off the sun's harmful rays.



Can you spot one fearless, four year old daredevil about the tackle the "big" slide?






Choo Choo!





Merry Go Round




*


Candid selfies from the road trip. 
Check out a certain humorous video (I maintain that the ants were IN FACT running on my leg & hand) on my Instagram page or the Facebook page for "Franny Gets Frocked." You won't be disappointed...


No comments:

Post a Comment