Tuesday 2 August 2022

Mellon Collie

 






*

Dress: City Chic viscose
Camisole: Forever New satin
Ankle Boots: Wittner matte leather
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Bag: French Connection suede, vinyl
Ring: Gift, silver, onyx

*

All dressed up for a baroque-themed event in the River City wearing this utterly stunning celestial cherub print viscose maxi-length wrap dress from City Chic (last worn to a birthday celebration in 2021) that I've dubbed my "Mellon Collie" dress after that amazing 1995 album - Mellon Collie & the Infinite Sadness - by the Smashing Pumpkins. Honestly, the artwork on it is next level & certainly made an impact on 11 year old me that I've remember to this very day. If you can't recall it, here's a little snippet to remind you:


But I digress...

I've styled up this lovely number (while humming "Tonight, Tonight" for those in the know) with a white satin cowl-neck camisole from Forever New for modesty purposes - those wrap dresses can sometimes be a little temperamental - as well as a pair of black matte leather heeled ankle boots from Wittner for a modicum of height with the dress' asymmetrically-ruffled hemline, black 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz to keep my legs feeling toasty-warm, a black vinyl 90s style handbag from Sussan to hold all the necessities including my mask & hand sanitizer & finally, a chunky silver & onyx ring, given to me by some dear friends years ago.

Scroll down to see more...








No comments:

Post a Comment