Wednesday 5 April 2023

Bubble Hem

 









*

Dress: Anthea Crawford embroidered organza, grosgrain, beading
Sandals: Florsheim leather, gold buckle
Bag: Oh Jo Jo Boutique vegan leather, wood, resin beads
Bangle Stack: Gift, vintage Mexican silver
Bangle: Gift, 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles silver

*

Long live the bubble hem! I have adored this fashion statement for as long as I can remember - probably the last time it was popular around the late 1990s/early 2000s - & I'm so elated that it's back for the new season. With this in mind, I "shopped my closet" for a recent special event in my beloved River City & wore a stunning navy & rainbow floral embroidered organza v-neck fit to flare dress with thin straps, bubble hemline & beaded grosgrain ribbon tie belt from celebrated Australian designer Anthea Crawford (in the interest of honesty, I'll admit that I created the bubble effect myself by inserting some elastic inside the hem & pulling it tightly, thereby fixing a small rip that I accidentally created when I got my shoe stuck...) that I styled up with a pair of silver leather sandals with oversized gold buckles & wooden stacked heels from Florsheim & blush pink vegan leather crossbody bag with vintage-inspired wooden clasp from the delightful Oh Jo Jo Boutique at the "top of town" in Ipswich. When it came to jewellery, I chose some well-loved pieces - a stack of vintage Mexican silver bangles that some friends brought back from overseas & a single vintage silver bangle that my brother bought for me from 20th Century Antiques & Collectibles (formerly of Coolangatta, now of Tweed Heads) - to complete the look.

Scroll down to see the look from the back...






No comments:

Post a Comment