Friday 19 January 2024

White Album Redux







*

Dress: Ganni organza, cotton
Heels: Jo Mercer leather, laces
Bag: Sussan vinyl
Necklace: Tree of Life silver, twine
Cuff: Gift, Precious Stones Jewellers silver
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam Shop silver

*

Finally sharing all of the gorgeous pictures of the ensemble that I styled up to attend last year's "The White Album Concert" which took The Beatles' seminal record from 1968 & saw it performed by Australian music artists including Phil Jamieson, Josh Pyke & Tim Rogers. As a big fan of the original "fab four" boys, I was ever-so-slightly nervous to hear new voices sing some of my favourite tunes such as "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" & "Blackbird," but instead I am happy to report that it was a joyful celebration of the music & lyrics & so respectful of the original renditions that I had an absolute blast!

For the occasion, I donned this stunning black, yellow & duck egg blue floral print organza tiered midi dress with ruffled collar from cult cool-girl Danish label Ganni, a pair of black leather chunky lace-up heels from Jo Mercer for a modicum of height & some edge against the sweetness of the dress silhouette & print & a black vinyl handbag from Sussan to carry all the essentials including the omnipresent face mask & hand sanitizer. When it came to jewellery, I chose a bohemian Indian silver multi-strand necklace with black twine fastening from my local Tree of Life store that fitted perfectly within the frock's v-shaped neckline, a chunky art deco wave style silver hinged bangle from the delightful ladies at Precious Stones Boutique (given as a present from my parents a few years ago) & a thin silver hinged bangle from Oxfam - yep, back when they had retail storefronts - that I wore to my high school formal quite a while ago now & that I completely adore to complete the look.

Scroll down to see more...










 

No comments:

Post a Comment