Friday 18 September 2015

Furry







*

Dress: Brigid McLaughlin lace & ribbon
Coat: Now @ Kmart "furry"
Booties: Corelli @ Williams suede & neoprene
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier
Bag: Novo patent
Ring: Southbank Markets, shell & wood

*

All of these dark & stormy nights have me thinking about all of the amazing outfits I styled up during Winter 2015, one of my favourites being this amazing lace dress & furry jacket combo that I wore to go late-night shopping in the City with a friend...



This timeless black lace Brigid McLaughlin dress - with flesh-tone satin underlay, ruffled peplum detail & ribbon waist tie - was purchased a few years ago in a mega-sale at the now-sadly-defunct Mood store in Paddington & goes perfectly with the long-line "furry" overcoat I picked up for an absolute bargain price ($8) at my local Kmart store. It just goes to show that what we consider to be "designer" fashion mixes just as well with "chain store" or "high street" fashion to create a cohesive look for a myriad of occasions. 



I chose to dress this look down with my trusty pair of black suede & neoprene booties from Williams (& yes, I realise that when people think "more casual" they don't think "high heels" but as I'm a measly 5 foot, I need that extra bit of lift sometimes, okay?), 40 denier tights from Razzamatazz, a boxy, patent handbag from Novo & a funky, wood & shell mosaic ring from the Southbank Markets.


*


No comments:

Post a Comment