Monday 12 December 2022

Little Black (Christmas) Dress

 








*

Dress: Aje cotton, knit
Trim: Spotlight felt
Heels: Jo Mercer leather, elastic
Bag: Petal & Pup faux pearl, canvas insert
Scarves: That Shop nylon
Necklace: Gift, brown bead, faux pearl, silver
Bracelet: Gift, brown bead, faux pearl, silver
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam Shop silver

*

One of the best things about being a stylist is seeing the POSSIBILITIES in something that perhaps didn't present themselves at the very beginning. For example, this utterly divine Aje LBCD (that's Little Black Christmas Dress for the uninitiated) that I was given by a dear friend to wear to a recent Christmas Party in my beloved River City which I absolutely adore & can see many opportunities to wear many years into the future owing to its amazing full-length tiered silhouette, exaggerated puff sleeves & knitted bodice... but how to make it, well, Christmassy enough for a holiday celebration? The answer... some felt trim in the shape of holly from my local Spotlight store, pinned to the dress freehand by my talented mother while I was wearing it (a must to get the shape exactly right) & then sewn on with a few black threads for the festive season. It truly elevated an already amazing dress & certainly garnered plenty of compliments on the day. When it came to styling, I donned a pair of black leather & elastic strappy heels from Jo Mercer for a modicum of height & an off-white faux pearl handbag from Petal & Pup with canvas drawstring bag sewn inside to keep all my essentials hidden (I used a turned-inside-out Colette bag saver) & two vintage-inspired brown & caramel nylon scarves from That Shop tied in a bow around one of the handles for added interest. To complete the look, I chose some of my all-time favourite jewellery pieces - a matching brown bead, faux pearl & silver tri-strand necklace & bracelet that were gifted by some dear friends & a silver hinged bangle from Oxfam that I've had since my year 12 formal. It's certainly something special.

Scroll down to see more...







Keep on scrolling for a look at the back...




No comments:

Post a Comment