Sunday 24 April 2016

Chocoholic




*

Dress: Anthea Crawford cotton
Sandals: Novo leather & elastic
Bag: Gifted, vinyl with gold hardware
Bangles: Tree of Life wood, handpainted Kashmiri

*

Had the pleasure of catching up with a dear family friend for brunch at Chocolateria San Churro to celebrate my birthday a few Saturdays ago & am finally able to share the pictures with all of you! I am not a die-hard chocoholic by any means, but I do enjoy sweet desserts from time to time, particularly piping-hot churros with sugar & cinnamon... usually from the street vendor at the Southbank Markets. This was a whole new experience for me, with a myriad of dipping sauces & side dishes to "amp" up my churro-eating experience... & true to form, I stayed somewhat traditional with the milk chocolate pot & wasn't disappointed. In fact, it's only a matter of time before I head back for more - not least due to the divine chai latte that washed it all down...

But I digress.

For such an occasion, I wanted an outfit that was ladylike & special yet casual enough for the venue... cue this stunning 1950s style cotton dress from Anthea Crawford in a bright floral on black background with cute little cap sleeves, slashed v-neckline & horsehair hemline for added "bounce" when moving. Black leather & elastic gladiator sandals from Novo (evidently my go-to store for shoes at the moment) anchored the look while a funky pink Audrey-Hepburn-in-Roman-Holiday-adorned cross-body bag - converted from a backpack - added just the right amount of whimsy. An armful of handpainted wooden Kashmiri bangles from Tree of Life completed the look & kept the laidback vibe going.

Want more?
Scroll down to see how the morning unfolded...







Friends for over 25 years!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment