Sunday 13 September 2020

Buttercup Baby








*

Dress: Sister Jane textured organza
Jacket: Just Jeans leather, buttons
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Bag: Target woven straw, string
Ring: Thousand Island Dressing resin

*

I need you (I need you)
More than anyone darling
You know that I have from the start
Build me up (build me up) buttercup, don't break my heart
The Foundations, 1968

As I said in my last post, I'm a fan of whimsical dressing mixed with edgier pieces to create a more down-to-earth look for springtime in Queensland. Case in point: this gorgeous ensemble - reminiscent of my favourite backyard bumble bees - comprising of a stunning buttercup yellow textured organza tiered mini dress from fairytale-loving British label Sister Jane; a perfectly worn-in, cropped black leather jacket with asymmetrical buttons & Victorian collar from Just Jeans to provide shape; a pair of shiny black patent leather ankle boots with pointy-toes from Wittner to elongate my frame; a black woven straw shoulder bag with string strap from Target (under $10 if you can believe it) that wouldn't be out of place on a beach or at a festival somewhere & finally, a funky vibrant yellow resin ring from Thousand Island Dressing in Paddington to bring the look together.

Scroll down to see more...







No comments:

Post a Comment