Friday 23 June 2023

Frannie in Wonderland








*

Dress: Dream Sister Jane textured jacquard, grosgrain ribbon
Iron On Patch: Dangerfield woven
Heels: Jo Mercer leather, laces
Sunglasses: Review resin

*

Channeling one of my all-time favourite literary heroines - Alice from Lewis Carroll's famed tome "Alice in Wonderland" (1865) with this gorgeous ensemble that all started when I was given an amazing iron-on patch from Dangerfield depicting the White Rabbit in the Queen of Heart's robes! I knew that I had the perfect dress to attach it to - this utterly stunning white/cream textured heart jacquard cap sleeve smock dress with black grosgrain ribbon tie back from whimsical British label Sister Jane's premium diffusion line, Dream Sister Jane - & after that was done (all of five minutes to use the iron & an old tea towel to affix it snugly), I styled it up immediately with a pair of black leather lace-up heels from Jo Mercer for a modicum of height & red resin sunglasses from Review to pick up the red inherent in the hearts & bow on the patch. Viola! It certainly didn't take a long time to pay homage...

Scroll down to see how it all unfolded... including a surprise at the end for Tim Burton fans!









Keep scrolling for a peek at these amazing Tim Burton playing cards that my younger brother gave me for my birthday a few year ago... but don't look too closely at my truly abhorrent card playing... truth be told, I can't even shuffle the deck properly!
















No comments:

Post a Comment