Sunday 11 June 2023

Juxtaposition

 












*

Dress: Dream Sister Jane lurex, chiffon
Poncho: BMK Boutique knitted
Booties: Wittner matte leather
Bag: Sussan vinyl
Cuff: Gift, vintage silver, garnet
Hinged Bangle: Oxfam Shop silver

*

While I'm currently missing the warmth & sunshine of summertime in Queensland, I'm also trying to "lean into" the fun of cold weather layering & the juxtaposition of fabrics & textures that can bring to a look. Case in point: this stunning ensemble that I styled up to attend a recent event at Southbank Parklands... where I also found time to check out the latest exhibits & artworks on display at both GOMA & the Queensland Art Gallery in the Cultural Precinct... The sweet black, pink & orange spotted lurex tiered mini smock dress with black chiffon bow is from whimsical British label Sister Jane's premium diffusion line, Dream Sister Jane & I've added a chunky, multi-coloured, multi-gauge knit poncho with fringing that I picked up last winter at the delightful BMK Boutique on the main street in Kalbar, a pair of black matte leather heeled booties from Wittner for a modicum of height & a black vinyl 90s style shoulder bag from Sussan to carry all the essentials including the ever-present facemask & hand sanitizer (more imperative than ever coming into the cold & flu season where experts are unfortunately expecting a Covid revival of sorts). When it came to jewellery, I donned an eclectic, tribal silver & garnet cuff that I was given by a dear friend for my 30th birthday & a thin silver hinged bangle from Oxfam - back when they had retail stores in shopping centre such as Indooroopilly Shoppingtown - that was originally purchased for my year 12 formal many years ago now.

Scroll down to see more...










Keep scrolling for a look at how the morning unfolded...




































No comments:

Post a Comment