Saturday 10 February 2018

Floralis







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford neoprene
Heels: Wittner leather lace-up
Clutch: Adorne vinyl with wool tassels
Cuff: Wallace Bishop silver
Bracelet: Gift, Kellie's Antiques Victorian silver
Hat: TK Maxx straw with grosgrain ribbon

*

Feeling like I just stepped out of my own Secret Garden (who else was utterly obsessed with that book & movie when they were a child... or indeed now, as an adult?) wearing something a little different to my usual bold floral prints & edgier accessories: a vintage-style floral, pastel-hued neoprene midi dress with peplum detailing & rosette from my go-to Aussie designer, Anthea Crawford. I must say that I felt incredibly sweet & ladylike while wearing it on a boat trip in lovely company! For stability & comfort without compromising on style, I decided to wear blush coloured lace-up leather heels with enclosed toes from Wittner & carried a matching soft vinyl envelope clutch with colourful, handmade wool pompoms (loving all those whimsical touches) from Adorne. Jewellery was simple silver pieces with sentimental meaning: a cuff from Wallace Bishop, engraved with the words "All You Need Is Love" & a chunky Victorian silver bracelet with oversized heart locket & teeny tiny key from Kellie's Antiques. Finally, a light mauve straw sunhat with functional wide brim & peach grosgrain ribbon band from my local TK Maxx (under $10) kept my head & shoulders protected from the sun.







"And the secret garden bloomed & bloomed & every morning revealed new miracles."

Frances Hodgson Burnett, The Secret Garden (1911)

No comments:

Post a Comment