Friday 23 February 2018

Kiss & Tell




*

Dress: Gift, silk/satin & tulle
Heels: Novo leather & shoelaces
Bag: French Connection suede with silver hardware
Brooch: Erstwilder resin

*

Valentines Day can be a pretty divisive holiday. You either absolutely love it or hate it with a blinding passion, am I right? This year, I started to look at the event in a complete different way, far beyond the commercial one-upmanship...

I looked on it as a celebration of love, whether it be romantic adoration, familial devotion, true friendship, the companionship of pets, community spirit, environmental concern. I took it as an opportunity to recognise humankind's endless capacity for compassion, empathy, mercy & tenderness. I regarded it as a clarion call to try & spread kindness everyday in deeds both big & small... even to those who may not deserve or appreciate it.


Here I am, standing in front of the Kiss & Tell Lips at the newly refurbished Indooroopilly Shoppingtown wearing a gorgeous red rose printed silk/satin midi dress with black tulle underlay for movement, kindly gifted to me by a dear friend; black leather lace-up heeled sandals from Novo; boxy black suede handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection & a gorgeous resin brooch in the shape of Geisha from kitschy label Erstwilder, to complete the ensemble.









No comments:

Post a Comment