Tuesday 18 September 2018

Bulimba... Again










*

Dress: H&M chiffon
Slip: Taking Shape elastane
Ankle Boots: Wittner leather
Bag: Mombasa Rose straw, embellishment
Bangles: Lovisa gold, silver, sparkle, beads

*

I know that it wasn't long ago that I shared a post waxing lyrical about all things Bulimba but I just couldn't help writing another one, this time from a beautifully breezy day wearing an absolutely divine dress from H&M (a store that I admittedly haven't really frequented since its arrival on Australian shores) that had the grace & movement to make me believe that I was actually an extra from some kind of period film like Peter Weir's Picnic at Hanging Rock, larking about among the fig trees like an ethereal apparition. At first glance, the pastel floral, poly-blend chiffon maxi-length shirtdress wasn't something that I thought would suit me, particularly as it was sheer & would require a light coloured elastane slip underneath like this awesome one from Taking Shape but I am so glad that I made the decision to try it on as it JUST WORKS.

When it came to footwear, I had the ideal pair of peep-toe booties in mind, a leather pair from Wittner that I had been stockpiling since I found them for under $50 in a sale last year; waiting & waiting for that "dream look" to materialise. The chunky stacked heels gave me a modicum of height to elongate my body in the long dress while the soft mushroom colour faded into the background to allow the dress to truly take centre stage. A small straw crossbody bag embellished with rickrack & tassels in complimentary hues from Mombasa Rose (a sweet little new-season purchase under $25) carried all the essentials, while a stack of Lovisa's beaded bangles in gold, silver & pink added some daytime sparkle. 











No comments:

Post a Comment