Tuesday 1 March 2016

Bollywood!











*

Dress: Anthea Crawford taffeta
Wedges: Betts for Her suede lace-up
Bag: Novo patent
Scarf: Gift, vintage silk/linen (from India)
Bangles: Gift, silver, gold, bead (from India)
Watch: Guess silver

*

After some technical difficulties, I'm finally posting some pictures of the amazing outfit I wore to a sublime Bollywood performance last year! (I know, I know, it's hard to believe how fast this year seems to be slipping away... Tempus Fugit & all that, I suppose...) 


Indian fashion & traditional dress is so inspirational with its vibrant, saturated colours; spiritual patterns & opulent jewellery pieces & I hope I have managed to capture the "vibe" with this look, centred around a stunning raspberry taffeta dress from Anthea Crawford with its bateau neckline, capped sleeves, origami bow waist detail & below-the-knee hemline.


Rather than a pair of court shoes or platforms, I decided to add a little "edge" with a pair of black suede lace-up wedges from Betts for Her & carried a boxy Novo handbag made from shiny patent & augmented with silver hardware.


When it came to jewellery, more was definitely more! I loaded my arm with a stack of beaded bangles that a friend brought back from India - perfect for adding some daytime sparkle & the ideal accompaniment to my "Hamsa Hand" fake tattoo from Sportsgirl.


Finally, I wrapped a gorgeous silk/linen printed scarf (purchased by a friend at the markets in Mumbai) around my neck in a contrasting intense orange hue with raspberry accents, providing cohesion by drawing all of the elements of the look together.

*

No comments:

Post a Comment