Monday 14 March 2016

Gala













*

Dress: Anthea Crawford stretch jacquard
Capelet: Gift, feathers (made in Paris)
Heels: L&J Shoe Gallery satin & diamante
Bag: Vera May patent & resin with silver hardware
Hathpool: Gift, silver (from India)
Cuff: Gian Paolo Maria from Lannah Dunn silver, crystal & resin
Ring: Swarovski silver, crystal & resin

*


Finally posting pictures of the stunning outfit I wore to attend an academic gala with a friend from overseas a fortnight ago. Avid readers of this blog will know what I mean when I say I have a penchant for dressing up & regularly style up ensembles many would consider to be "formal" but this was something completely different (insert drum roll) black tie...



Enter this divine navy & copper baroque stretch jacquard Anthea Crawford dress with v-neckline, tapered waist & midi "mullet" (shorter front; longer back) hemline, topped with a funky & wholly unexpected velvet & real feather capelet, handmade in Paris & gifted to me by the mother of the dear friend I was accompanying. Both items seemed MADE for each other, adding an expensive & bespoke element to the look in its entirety.


A pair of classy black satin peeptoe platforms with onyx diamantes for a touch of daytime sparkle - purchased from L&J Shoe Gallery a few years ago to wear to a wedding & worn only once - were the perfect footwear choice; while an art deco style patent & "marbled" resin Vera May handbag with silver hardware was ideal for carrying all of the essentials... like a certain stick of Revlon lipstick in a shade of red called "Romance" that really amped up "wow" factor when it came to my make-up. Check it out above.



When it came to jewellery, more was definitely more. After all, what better chance than a gala to wear some of my most beautiful pieces? On one arm, I donned a chunky silver cuff with eclectic mix of Swarovski crystal & bead embellishments, handmade in Paris by Gian Paolo Maria & purchased as 30th birthday gift from Lannah Dunn & wore a matching Swarovski crystal & bead ring on my finger. On the other hand, I showcased an intricate silver hathpool, made in India & given to me for the occasion. For those who are unaware, a hathpool is a piece of ceremonial jewellery linking a bracelet to a ring via an intricate "harness" design.


Remember when I mentioned the v-neckline of the dress earlier?
Well, scroll down to check it out in all its glory without the feather capelet...












*

No comments:

Post a Comment