Sunday 17 July 2016

Bravo!





*

Dress: City Chic heavy satin (augmented by me)
Jacket: Just Jeans leather
Heels: Emerson @ Big W patent
Bag: Nine West vinyl with silver hardware
Cuff: Gift, silver
Cuff: Gift, silver, semi-precious stones, beads, diamantes
Flower Trio Ring: Thousand Island Dressing silver
Bee Ring: Tree of Life silver

*


Finally posting all the pictures of the outfit I wore to attend a concert by the phenomenally talented Italian crooner, Patrizio Buanne last month! 


The weather really wasn't cooperating, so I had to layer my favourite black cropped leather jacket with Victorian-style collar & buttons - five years old now, at least - from Just Jeans over this stunning large-scale winter floral heavy-satin empire-line dress with mullet hemline from City Chic that a dear friend gifted me. When I received it, the dress was actually strapless & had amazing boning in the bodice but as much as I tried, strapless bras just weren't cutting it (well, they were cutting off the circulation but that's about all...) so I got creative, purchasing some thick satin material in black that my seamstress Desley fashioned into some thick straps. Viola! For approximately $10, the dress gained a whole new lease on life & can be worn (comfortably!) in so many different situations. 





When it came to footwear, these shiny black platforms from Emerson at Big W were the obvious choice, lengthening my legs while providing comfort & most of all, stability. After all, concerts (even those showcasing the talents of a self-described crooner) can get a little crazy with all the fans clamoring for a chance to get as close as humanly possible to their idol & when you're in the front row, you can get inadvertently pushed & shoved (yep, I was in the front row... talk about dreams coming true!) so sure-footing is key. Trust me, there was this one time at a James Blunt concert... but that's a story for another time...

Rather than go all matchy-matchy with a black leather bag or clutch, I decided to mix it up a little with this gorgeous cherry-hued leather handbag from Nine West that my parents kindly gifted me for my birthday. It was a nice little pop of colour that highlighted the tones inherent in the print of the dress.



Silver was the order of the day when it came to jewellery - a pair of chunky, moulded silver "thread" cuffs (one with inlaid semi-precious stones, beads & diamantes) that a friend brought back from India for me, flower trio ring that I picked a while ago at Thousand Island Dressing in Paddington (one of my favourite haunts on Latrobe Terrace) & a teeny tiny "pinky" ring in the shape of a bumble bee that came from the Tree of Life store that used to be at Orion Springfield Central. What can I say? I had to go with a botanical theme after seeing the dress - just couldn't help myself! 


*

No comments:

Post a Comment