Wednesday 20 July 2016

Hooray for Aunty Frances!






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford satin with grosgrain ribbon
Jumper: Mix by Coles wool
Boots: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Bag: Rockmans calico, wool, beads

*

Posting some pictures from the school holidays when I was lucky enough to spend some time with two of my favourite little men, Jeremy & Oliver! 

On Friday, this simple ensemble - made up of 5 easy pieces - was ideal for "scooting" around a local park with a seven year old, self-proclaimed "aficionado" who pretty much heckled me the whole time for going too slow. In my defense, I probably haven't "scooted" since I was ten years old... & it is not like riding a bike; it's actually much, much easier but I am paranoid I'll fall over & break something (like my nose, wrist) so exercise a level of caution that small boys simple cannot understand.

But I digress.

The fit-to-flare design of the Anthea Crawford dress afforded me ease of movement, while the sweet floral satin kept things stylish & girly. The open-weave pink wool jumper from Mix by Coles (can't beat it for $8 on sale) provided warmth while lending a casual vibe. The sport-luxe black boots with chunky white "creeper" soles from Forever New were comfortable & surprisingly shock absorbent, although next time I will wear socks inside of them for padding purposes, rather than a flimsy pair of 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz. Finally, the black calico cross-body bag from Rockmans was great for carrying all the essentials while keeping my hands free... & let's face it, the bohemian embroidery just added that little extra "something" to the entire look.




Scroll down for some pictures of how the afternoon unfolded...





Jeremy makes his move...






Oliver makes a new friend...


*




*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jacquard
Cardigan/Duster: Tree of Life tie dye rayon
Wrap: Handmade, Eagle Street Markets silk, felt, wool
Boots: Witchery leather, studs
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Kilt Pin: Dogstar copper
Sunglasses: Witchery faux tortoiseshell

*

After "Casual Friday," it was time for "Boho Saturday" with this eclectic ensemble! Basically, it was a pattern-mixing dream: a dark purple, leaf-printed jacquard dress from Anthea Crawford that was classy enough for the City yet casual enough for the Botanical Gardens; tie dye rayon long-line cardigan/duster from Tree of Life in similar purple & pink hues & handmade tie dye silk wrap with felt & wool accents that I picked up at the Eagle Street Markets a few weekends ago, held together with a copper kilt pin from Dogstar that had been languishing in my cupboard for about five years to REALLY set the whole thing off. Oh... & a pair of John Lennon style round-rimmed faux tortoiseshell glasses from Witchery to protect my eyes from the Winter sun.

When it came to footwear, comfort was key so I couldn't go past these flat black boots (again, Witchery) with stretchy side panels, accented with copper studs. Add a pair of 40 denier Razzamatazz tights to ward off the cool breeze & the look was complete.

Keep scrolling for some snippets of the ensuing shenanigans...









Digging a Hole



*

No comments:

Post a Comment