Wednesday 5 April 2017

Hometown Hangout






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Mules: Wittner suede with gold heels
Bag: Forever New vinyl with gold hardware
Cuffs: Ekka Markets thread & beads

*

Spent a wonderful Saturday morning with my younger brother, traipsing around the Antique Collectibles Fair at the Showgrounds (purchasing some early birthday presents... I just couldn't help myself!) before exploring all that the main street of my hometown has to offer & dining at the amazing Fourth Child cafe/restaurant. Here I am underneath the World War Two memorial rotunda outside the Baptist Church wearing a gorgeous floral twill fit-to-flare dress with leather & grosgrain bow belt from Anthea Crawford, blush pink suede mules with chunky gold heels from Wittner, pearlised vinyl handbag with gold hardware from Forever New (brilliant for carrying around all the essentials... & the few extras I might have picked up the Fair) & a pair of handmade beaded cuffs from the Ekka Markets a few years ago. 

It's safe to say that I am ABSOLUTELY LOVING these cooler temperatures as they are perfect for getting "out & about" on the weekends without getting sweaty & overheated. Here's hoping that it continues through to the Ipswich Show, which is notoriously hot in the day & cold at night, meaning that showgoers practically need to bring two different outfits to stay comfortable! Ah well, I guess we'll have to wait & see... & hope... although I am saving most of my hoping for the winning of a canary in the raffle. I have always wanted a canary & this year WILL BE MY YEAR, much to my mother's disdain & our cat's delight.

But I digress. 

If you'd like to see more of what I wore, what I did & what I ate, keep scrolling...






Steak Sandwich with Caramelised Onions & Salad


Homemade Beef Pie with Tomato Relish, Side Salad & Potatoes Gratin on the Side


Washing it all down with a refreshing Shirley Temple (ginger ale & grenadine) drink...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment