Monday 3 July 2017

Minions






*

Dress: Jayson Brunsdon Black Label at Myer cotton with 3D embellishment
Jumper: Gift, wool & mohair
Loafers: Wittner patent with silver hardware
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Bangle with Charms: Pandora silver & onyx
Ring: Pandora silver & onyx

*

Put in jail for crimes against fashion?

Not this time! I'm just posing in front of the hilarious poster advertising "Despicable Me 3" at my local cinema... on my way to see another film, no less. Once again the Queensland weather proved difficult to dress for (hence the woolly jumper & bare legs) but I managed to style up a gorgeous ensemble in shades of black, grey, mauve & silver. The vintage-style coated cotton empire-line midi dress from Jayson Brunsdon Black Label at Myer is given a more modern feel with the inclusion of silver 3D leaf embellishments & works well with the classic woolly mohair jumper in a pale shade of grey, handmade in the Outer Hebrides & brought to Australia for me by a dear friend; black patent leather loafers with silver tabs from Wittner add a bit of daytime shine & a soft mauve vinyl handbag with silver hardware from Forever New works as a subtle "pop" of colour. Jewellery was kept simple, yet effective - a matching silver & onyx charm bracelet & ring from the perennially popular Pandora



I was so excited to see the film adaptation of Daphne du Maurier's masterpiece, "My Cousin Rachel" & it really didn't disappoint. Some viewers may feel that it was a slow starter but I considered that to be the director's way to increase intrigue & create tension... a tactic that clearly worked its magic as I'm still wondering whether Rachel actually WAS evil or merely the misunderstood victim of the fevered minds of the Ashley men? Cue a re-reading of the tome & some deep discussion with my Gothic mystery loving movie companion, pictured with me above...




And of course, there's nothing better after seeing a good film than enjoying a good meal!
Passion Tree Velvet is one of my all-time favourite destinations for a quick bite - I particularly love the Tuna, Cucumber & Mayonnaise Baguette washed down with a Raspberry Soda replete with mint leaves... & followed by a Pistachio Macaroon...








Rather than the Tuna Baguette, Joanne opted for the Smashed Avocado & Fetta on Sourdough Toast... apparently it is also delicious!


*

No comments:

Post a Comment