Wednesday 19 July 2017

Up on the Mountain







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford high-shine twill
Jacket: Be Louise linen
Cardigan: Tree of Life woven
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Necklace: Only Good Buttons ceramic, cloisonne, twine

*

If there's one thing I've learned in thirty-three years, it's that the little traditions really make up life. As much as there's excitement to be found in trying something new, there's also a joyful familiarity when returning to a place that you know so well over & over again, particularly when accompanied by those you know & love. Each year during June or July, my parents & I (sometimes with my younger brother in tow) travel to Mount Tamborine to traverse the Gallery Walk of wineries & quaint cafes, fashion boutiques, funky antique stores, Australiana & souvenirs while the weather is cold enough to get "rugged up" & truly enjoy it!

I absolutely adored the outfit I styled up to wear to "Siddhartha: The Musical" (you may remember it from my last blog post) so decided to "change it up" slightly - thereby making it more suitable for a casual, daytime endeavour - while still keeping the same sense of bohemian whimsy. Once again, I started with a high-shine ink twill princess-seam dress from Anthea Crawford, layered with the gorgeous "Tree of Life" printed linen long-sleeved duster jacket with silver zipper from Be Louise, discovered at a little store in The Strand, Coolangatta... but this time I added a blue-tone woven waterfall cardigan from Tree of Life (pictured later on) for warmth & a touch of pattern-mixing.

With regards to footwear, I donned a pair of shiny black patent ankle boots from Wittner for a mixture of comfort & style, worn with 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz to keep my legs feeling toasty. I toted a mauve vinyl handbag with chunky silver hardware from Forever New to carry all the essentials. Jewellery was minimal & statement-making: a long drop necklace from Only Good Buttons (via Etsy) composed of an oriental-themed ceramic pendant & cloisonne beads on black twine. 

Phew! 
Well, now that all the fashion is out the way, scroll down to see how the day unfolded...












Homemade Pumpkin Soup with Walnuts & Cream





Mum & Dad



Mother/Daughter



Father/Daughter



Beams of light around the Dutch Clog Barn...


Interloper
(Ah, the life of a blogger...)










Going Cuckoo!













They say, "Be Yourself... Unless You Can Be A Unicorn... Then Be A Unicorn."
Well, this is the next best thing: POSING with a unicorn!




Meeting the folk of the Faraway Tree...




Feeling very "Elsa" as I pose on my Frozen throne...


*

No comments:

Post a Comment