Wednesday 29 November 2017

Second Star to the Right








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jersey & jacquard
Booties: Wittner patent
Bag: Sunnybank Night Markets rubber with gold hardware
Necklace: Gift, gold with semi-precious stones (from Beijing)
Hinged Bangles: Gift, bronze with blue beads (from Shanghai)

*

If you read my blog often, you'll know how much I adore all things Disney... well, specifically the "old school" stuff from my childhood & earlier like the fairy tales & classic literature turned into cartoon films for tiny folk. Add to this my obsession with all things ballet-themed & you've pretty much got the key to my heart, so an invitation to experience Queensland Ballet's "Peter Pan" at QPAC was something incredibly special!

For those who aren't immediately familiar with the much-loved tale by J.M Barrie, "Peter Pan" is the original boy-who-never-grew-up, leading Wendy Darling & her younger brothers into Neverland, a fantastical, imaginary world of fairies with fairy dust, overzealous pirates, ragged lost boys, irascible mermaids & one very large crocodile with a penchant for consuming timepieces. The ballet version - under the direction of choreographer Trey McIntyre & set designer Thomas Boyd - was full of breathtaking flying sequences, swashbuckling swordfights, oversized puppets & accomplished classical dance... in all honesty, it was pure magic!


"For to have faith is to have wings..."


"All you need is faith, trust & a little bit of pixie dust..."


A special occasion required the perfect ensemble & I knew the dress I wanted to wear right away - this stunning number from Anthea Crawford with its plunging black jersey bodice & pleated holographic blue "sea floral" jacquard skirt with just the right amount of swish - anchored with a pair of shiny black patent heeled booties with pointy-toes from Wittner. To pick up on the blue of the skirt, I carried a blue rubber handbag with gold hardware that I found at one of the stalls of the Sunnybank Night Markets a few Christmases ago. Rather than my usual measured approach to jewellery, I decided to go "all out" with a few matching pieces - a dainty gold/bronze necklace with blue semi-precious stone pendant that my brother brought back for me from a trip to China & a pair of chunky bronze & blue beaded "flower" hinged bangles that some friends brought back from Shanghai. 

Scroll down for a final look...





No comments:

Post a Comment