Tuesday 7 November 2017

Valley Girl








*

Dress: Frankie & Dash cotton/linen blend
Heels: Wittner leather & elastic
Bag: French Connection suede with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver & elastic
Bracelet: Karen Walker silver "cameo"

*

One of my new favourite shopping destinations is Fortitude Valley, particularly now that they have a David Jones store that I can browse around in to my heart's content! It would be important to note here that David Jones did have a store in the Valley back in the day, but in a different location... Why they ever took it away is a mystery for another time...

But I digress. 

Here I am, taking my obligatory changing room selfies - we all know that I can't resist a good full-length mirror - in a stunning cotton/linen blend maxi shirtdress from a new Aussie label called Frankie & Dash (made by a designer from my hometown who actually attended the same high school that I did... talk about a small world!). Word to the wise about this label: the cuts are specifically designed for those of us with a larger bustline, so you'll have to "size down" quite a bit. I'm in a size 10 & when it comes to actually keeping shirtdresses buttoned up, I'd usually be a 16 in my favourite brands. To keep the look elongated, I chose my trusty black leather pointy-toed heels from Wittner & carried a boxy black suede handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connnection for a play with textures. Jewellery was kept simple - a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & "girly" navy & white "cameo" bracelet from quirky designer Karen Walker, lovingly gifted to me by a dear friend.

Well, now that the fashion side is taken care of, scroll down for a little peek at some more of my favourite Fortitude Valley locations...



Delicious Banana Smoothie from Cantinho Cafe...
Not pictured: BEST Greek shortbread that I have ever tasted!



Modern Art at the Emporium Shopping Precinct


Historical Brick Churches with Steeple


The famous Cloudland...



Chinatown Mall

*

No comments:

Post a Comment