Monday 12 March 2018

You Ain't Never Had A Friend Like Me










*

Dress: Anthea Crawford dupione silk
Heels: Kitten d'Amour patent & suede with buttons
Bag: French Connection suede & leather with silver hardware
Belt: That Shop patent & elastic
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Bangle with Charms: Pandora silver & onyx
Ring: Pandora silver & onyx

*


As you can probably tell from the exuberance of the pictures, I'm super duper excited to share all the details of the outfit I styled up to catch a performance of celebrated Disney musical Aladdin at Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC). I had been looking forward to it with bated breath since I purchased tickets late last year, as I absolutely adore the songs (specifically Arabian Nights) & have wonderful childhood memories of seeing the original film in 1992 at my local hometown cinema where I had the chance to ride on a real, live camel before the show started... so I hoped & prayed that it would live up to my sky-high expectations... Believe me, it did! The performances were first-rate, the costumes were spectacular, the music was brilliant & the special effects were out of this world. It truly was a feel-good experience that left audience members grinning for days afterwards. I can't recommend it highly enough for anyone who is "on the fence" about taking the plunge & buying tickets.

That being said, I was glad that I wore what I'm deeming "Aladdin purple" to show in the form of this sumptuous dupione silk fit-to-flare midi dress from Anthea Crawford, cinched in the waist with a chunky black patent belt from That Shop in Coolangatta to accentuate the "flair" aspect of the skirt, mixed with a pair of sweet kitten heeled shoes in statement-making cream patent & black suede (!) from retro-pin-up-style boutique Kitten d'Amour & boxy black suede & leather handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection to carry all the essentials. Jewellery was kept minimal to allow the dress to shine - a thick silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & a matching silver & onyx charm bracelet & ring from the ever-popular Pandora

Scroll down to see more...















No comments:

Post a Comment