Saturday 30 January 2021

Checkmate

 





*

Jumpsuit: Shein cotton/linen blend
Top: H&M jersey, cotton
Sandals: Birkenstock patent leather
Bag: French Connection vinyl with chrome hardware

*

It's funny how life can come full circle sometimes. When I was in kindergarten, my outfit of choice was a pair of overalls with a matching top beneath & my absolute favourite was a black & white cotton number with indigenous artwork on it; very 1980s. This ensemble, styled up to run a few errands around town is very reminiscent of that particular look & fills me with the same type of happiness that I felt back then, which is something that we all need periodically in this uncertain, modern, mid/post pandemic world. The checked cotton/linen blend jumpsuit (that I'm wearing as a pair of overalls rather than on its own) is from online emporium Shein which is known for its less-than-perfect quality "knock offs" of designer styles in manmade fabrics but has another side in its simple silhouettes in natural fabrics which are surprisingly good quality and wash very well. I've popped a white jersey tee with oversized white cotton puffy sleeves from my local H&M store underneath for modesty purposes (they are absolutely killing it this summer season with a range of brilliant basics at unbelievable prices), a pair of shiny black patent leather Birkenstocks on my feet for that fusion of comfort & style & finally, packed my trusty boxy black vinyl handbag with chrome hardware & striped cotton crossbody strap from French Connection with all of the essentials (mask, gloves, hand sanitizer) to complete the look.





No comments:

Post a Comment