Sunday 3 January 2021

Franny Gets Festive (part 1)

 






*

Dress: Maiocchi cotton
Heels: Kitten D'Amour vegan leather
Brooch: Gift, handmade resin

*

The three main days of Christmastide - Christmas Eve, Christmas Day & Boxing Day - are always a crazy whirlwind of organization, preparation & let's face it, procrastination because as soon as it's here, it's over for another twelve months but this year, I've tried to savour every single moment of this quieter, socially-distanced season. For a Christmas Eve morning spent "playing postman" with festive treats & thoughtful gifts (if I do say so myself...) I donned a gorgeous, vintage-inspired white cotton shift dress with "angel sleeves" from Aussie designer label Maiocchi that I styled up with a pair of lipstick red vegan leather heels from Kitten D'Amour & a chunky, red resin heart brooch that a dear friend made for me a few years ago. The whole look is very olde worlde, which is (as you may already know) one of my biggest sartorial inspirations or, as a friend of mine said when she say the pictures on Instagram, "you look like you're about to be sent to the guillotine in Marie-Antoinette-era France, which is that aesthetic that you love..." She wasn't wrong.

Scroll down to see more...






No comments:

Post a Comment