Monday 12 July 2021

Lady in Red Brocade

 







*

Dress: Sister Jane brocade
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Bag: Swinging Chicks Shop via Etsy velvet
Brooch: Gift, vintage brass
Bangle: Tree of Life brass
Cuff: Gift, handmade resin
Ring: Gift, handmade resin

*

Another day, another fabulous dress for an event in the River City renaissance. I'm swanning around my backyard, dodging the pitter-patter of rain, wearing a statement-making, vibrant red floral textured brocade mini smock dress with extreme puff sleeves & scarf tie neckline from whimsical British label Sister Jane, a pair of shiny black patent leather ankle boots from Aussie shoe design stalwart Wittner, a pair of black 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz to keep my legs feeling toasty-warm & a sumptuous black velvet knot bag from a darling little Spanish boutique on Etsy called Swinging Chicks Shop. Honestly, it's probably the best cost per wear that I've ever gotten from ANY item in my closet - it goes with everything, it fits so much in & it's light as a feather. When it came to jewellery, I really went for it to match the over-the-top nature of the dress, donning a small, vintage brass brooch in the shape of Cupid that some dear friends gave me for my birthday, a brushed brass bangle (phew... what a tongue twister!) from my local Tree of Life store & a handmade red resin cuff with matching chunky cocktail ring (also a thoughtful birthday gift) that really added that perfect finishing touch to the look.

Scroll down to see more, including a close up of the cherub brooch, affixed to the tie...











No comments:

Post a Comment