Thursday 23 April 2020

Masterful












*

Dress: Trelise Cooper textured jacquard
Heels: Shoes of Prey glitter, leather
Viewmasters: Gift, vintage
Viewmaster Slides: Gift, vintage

*


Avid readers of this blog (not to mention friends & family) will already know how much I absolutely adore all things retro, vintage, antique & kitsch. I love nothing more than traipsing around all manner of antique stores, vintage emporiums & op shops looking for treasure in the things that others have given away. One of the things I just love collecting are mid-century Viewmasters & the circular Viewmaster Slides that go inside them - including ones featuring movie scenes from Disney's "Bedknobs & Broomsticks" or "The Brave Little Tailor" (starring the one & only Mickey Mouse), Warner Bros fare like Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck & the Roadrunner, as well as varied souvenir pictures of historically significant places & events. It's also common knowledge that I absolutely adore fashion - specifically dresses, hence the name of this blog. So, while in socially-distanced lockdown due to this coronavirus, I thought I would meld both of these loves & take a few happy snaps. Viola!

I'm wearing a gorgeous blue, white & metallic thread striped & textured floral jacquard "cupcake dress" with faux wrap bodice & midi-length hemline called the "Peggy Sue" from celebrated New Zealand designer Trelise Cooper (in fact, I loved it so much that I have it in the pink colourway, last worn here...) & that pair of amazing gold glitter & white leather wedge heels from the sadly-now-defunct Shoes of Prey that I waxed lyrical about only a few blog posts ago. Scroll down to see more...








No comments:

Post a Comment