Monday 6 September 2021

Anyone for Tennis?







*

Dress: Sister Jane jacquard
Jumper: Forever New mohair/wool
Sandals: Saltwater Sandals leather
Bangles: Gift, hand-painted wood

*

A bit of "old school" totem tennis fun (yes, yes, I had to substitute a real tennis racquet for the missing square bat) to keep me occupied during the last Covid 19 lockdown situation. I'm a firm believer that while these are both upsetting, inconvenient & seemingly interminable, they are necessary to keep as many people as possible (especially those who are vulnerable or who have not yet had the opportunity to have the vaccine of their choice) safe from the ravages of the virus. That being said, I am, of course, hoping & praying that we can get on top of this & back to our "normal" lives as quickly as possible, something that seems a little incongruous considering that most people's lives look nothing like they did almost two long years ago. Having a blog has really been helpful in keeping my spirits up as when I put together outfits to post & think of locations to take pictures (even if it's just in my own backyard) it forces me to think of something beautiful or even aspirational, to find something to laugh about (even if it's just my bizarre facial expressions) & to dream about the future...





In these particular pictures, I'm spinning around the backyard in the pockets of dappled sunshine wearing a gorgeous black, mauve & blue floral jacquard midi-length smock dress with exaggerated puff sleeves & a large back bow from whimsical British label Sister Jane, a fuzzy blue knitted mohair jumper (tied around my shoulders for warmth... as well as the jaunty, preppy vibes) from Forever New that I've actually had the opportunity to wear quite frequently during the winter months, a pair of black leather Saltwater Sandals that I picked up at a boutique called Sea Wish on Griffith Street, Coolangatta's main shopping strip, during a beach holiday a few years ago & finally, an armful of wooden bangles that have been hand-painted with a variety of art nouveau designs by a dear friend.

Scroll down to see more...

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment