Friday 25 November 2022

Racing Carnival Fashion Wrap Up





*

Dress: Review brocade
Belt: Dangerfield elastic, silver
Heels: Kitten D'Amour vegan leather
Bag: Swinging Chicks Shop via Etsy velvet
Brooch: Vintage faceted beads, silver
Brooch: Vintage faceted beads, silver
Headpiece: Forever New neoprene

*

For the final event of the Spring Racing Carnival - a fashion show to effectively "wrap up" all the amazing sartorial moments of the previous events & give the Fashions on the Field" winners the opportunity to wear their sashes one last time this year - I broke with tradition & donned a beautiful black, purple & blue floral brocade princess-seam midi-length cocktail dress from "girly" Australian label Review. What I absolutely adore about brocade is the way that it shines as the light moves around, giving an almost pearlescent look & this was something that I kept in mind when it came to the styling choices. Firstly, I cinched in the waist of the dress with a black elastic stretch belt with silver clasp from retro-inspired store Dangerfield, donned a pair of black vegan leather dual buckle heels from Kitten D'Amour for added height & carried a black velvet knot bag from Spanish boutique Swinging Chicks Shop via Etsy to tote all of my essentials. When it came to adding accessories, I chose two beautiful vintage silver & clear faceted bead brooches - to pick up on the sheen of the dress that I previously mentioned - that had belonged to both my Nanna & my Great Grandmother, respectively, pinning one to the top front of the dress & the other to the black neoprene bow headpiece from Forever New for that added little "something" that makes an outfit memorable...









 

No comments:

Post a Comment