Friday 6 March 2015

Fashion Formula #2






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford textured jacquard
Sandals: Novo patent platforms
Clutch: Kmart woven
Hat: Morgan & Taylor @ Myer straw & lace
Necklace: Portmans beaded "bib"
Bangles: Witchery resin, bronze & silver

*

Following on from Wednesday's (late) outfit post, I bring you Thursday's ensemble, which follows the same devised "fashion formula" I created. Here's a refresher:

Ladylike Dress + Unexpected Heels + Eclectic Bag + Statement Necklace = Look of the Day

Much like the day before, I was braving the stifling, unexpected early-Autumn heatwave to attend a fashion luncheon celebrating the coming Autumn/Winter season & needed something that would withstand not only the heat but the public transport system...


I chose a ladylike pink & white floral textured jacquard dress from Anthea Crawford with stunning pleated v-neckline & shaping waist darts, mixed with a pair of flesh-tone platform sandals with t-bar strap & contrasting woven clutch from Kmart that I picked up for the princely sum of $7.


When it came to jewellery, I chose a statement "bib" necklace from Portmans - basically a shaped piece of black felt covered with floral beading in shades of pink, bronze & silver - that played into the "tribal" theme I had set up with the choice of clutch whilst sitting perfectly nestled in the "frame" created by the dress' stunning neckline. Chunky bangles made of clear resin with accents of bronze & silver finished off a look clearly fit for an "endless summer."


*


"...& I can see fire on the water, I can see a light shining in your eyes; I know that I can't stop it now, 'cos I've been caught in the heat of the sun, oh let it shine on me..." 

Fire on the Water - Chris De Burgh (1986)

Bringing back the 1980s with a Chris De Burgh "power ballad" that basically summed up the way we were all feeling here in the (too much) Sunshine State...

*

Of course, no summer outfit would be truly complete without a hat... 
This woven straw cloche - chosen to match the style of the clutch - with black lace band detail sits perfectly atop my "bob" hairstyle & serves an important purpose - keeping my alabaster skin safe from the sun's biting rays. After all, there's nothing wrong with bringing a touch of the beach to the "big smoke," is there?






*


"...there's a place in ancient fortress, high above the worries of the world; I'd love you there for a long, long time... & we'll discover all our deepest secrets & let the spirit go flying free, until the dawn breaks over the sea..."

Fire on the Water - Chris De Burgh (1986)

Couldn't resist a second helping of De Burgh lyrics - he really does have such an inspirational & aspirational way with words...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment