Sunday 15 March 2015

Jumpsuit for Joy!







*

Jumpsuit: Gift, satin
Heels: Emerson @ Big W patent
Clutch: Sportsgirl "Secretly Famous" vinyl
Cuff: Gift, rose gold aluminum & crystals

*


Rocking a wide-leg jumpsuit with tie straps for Sunday brunch, mixed with my trusty pair of black patent platforms for height & tongue-in-cheek "Secretly Famous" clutch for that extra touch of whimsy...


The jumpsuit's busy, boho paisley pattern - in vivid shades of green, pink & yellow - meant that only minimal jewellery was required to avoid it looking "overdone" for day. Cue this gorgeous, vintage rose gold aluminium cuff with thatched engraving & multi-coloured embedded crystals - the perfect touch to pick up on all of the colours inherent in the print:


A full-length jumpsuit is definitely something new for me, although I have dipped a toe in the water a few times with some pairs of patterned "happy pants" & a playsuit or two. To tell the truth, I was a little concerned that at only 5 feet tall, it would be overwhelming to my petite frame & make me look far larger than I am, but happily, the combination of slinky material, draped sides (thanks to a couple of perfectly positioned knots) & v-neckline detail - front & back! - meant that wasn't the case. 

See below for a close-up of my "draping" handiwork - the best way for those of us not blessed with height to make longer styles work by showing a little hint of ankle:


And just in case the jumpsuit wasn't enough bright & bold pattern for one person to wear, a wide belt in the same fabric was provided! As I'm short-waisted, I don't do wide belts on floaty ensembles but I couldn't ditch such a gorgeous sash... SOLUTION: Wrapping it around my neck a few times before securing it with a big bow. Voila! Instant necklace/scarf that works with the low-cut neckline & tie straps. Check it out:





*


"...in love, pool eyes float feathers after the struggle; the hopes burst & shot joy all through the mind, sorrow more distant than a star; multi-colour run down over your body, then liquid passing all into all; love is hot, truth is molten..."

Barabajagal - Donovan (1969)

Getting trippy with Mr "Mellow Yellow" himself, Donovan Leitch...

*

No comments:

Post a Comment