Thursday 8 June 2017

Blinded By Love








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Knit: Dotti wool with embroidery
Brogues: Beltrami via Styletread suede
Bag: Forever New vinyl with gold hardware
Hinged Bangle: Gift, gold & enamel

*

This winter, I have decided to "switch up" my usual wardrobe of long-line cardigans underneath leather jackets or blazers & opt for something a little more youthful & current in the form of a knit. Now, knits have always been rather dangerous territory for a top-heavy girl like me, but I think I've finally cracked the code, so to speak, to find what works for me: either oversized, chunky knits in the smallest size possible or thin sweaters that break up the bodice area with embroidery or other detailing like lace or braid to draw the eye. 

This little number from Dotti is my first foray into the trend & I loved the botanical details & the French saying, "Blinded by Love." The colours work particularly well with many of my Anthea Crawford dresses & I've paired it with this gorgeous "firework" floral print twill fit-to-flare for a cute, girly vibe. Anchoring the look is a pair of bright gold suede brogues from Beltrami (purchased via Styletread... if you love shoe shopping & you haven't check it out yet, you really should... click here to make that happen...) & pearlised gold vinyl handbag from Forever New, augmented with the sweet little "cat" compact mirror charm that some dear friends gifted to me & a bright wool pompom from Kmart. As no further embellishment was required, jewellery was minimal - just a dainty gold hinged bangle with enamel flowers that I received as a birthday present some years ago.

Remember to keep check the blog for more cold weather styling inspiration as there's so much more coming your way from this die-hard chionophile... & let's face it, some of the looks will probably include my old favourites too!






*

No comments:

Post a Comment