Sunday 4 June 2017

The Play That Goes Wrong







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford twill
Jacket: Gift, vintage oriental silk
Heels: Novo leather
Bag: Vera May patent leather with gold hardware
Ring: V&A Gift Shop gold with diamantes

*


Finally posting all the pictures of what I wore to attend a performance of the smash hit comedy "The Play That Goes Wrong" at Queensland Performing Arts Centre (QPAC). The play follows the exploits of an amateur dramatic group endeavoring to mount of production of a famous 1920s murder mystery... only for absolutely anything & everything to go hilariously wrong! Honestly, my sides were splitting & stomach muscles were sore from laughing by the end. I would say that as a comedy, it rivals "Death At A Funeral" for what I can only describe as THAT KIND OF FUNNY!

But I digress.

For the occasion, I donned a beautiful glossy ink twill fit-to-flare dress from Anthea Crawford & vintage oriental floral print silk long-sleeved jacket with deep side splits (gifted to me by a dear friend) to evoke the era; keeping it modern with a pair of shiny bright gold leather heeled mules from Novo & grey patent handbag with gold hardware from Vera May to carry all the essentials. Long sleeves & a high neckline rendered most jewellery items superfluous, so to finish the look I wore an oversized gold & clear diamante "bow" ring that I picked up a few years ago in the gift shop at the Victoria & Albert Museum (V&A) in London.





*

No comments:

Post a Comment