Friday 13 November 2020

Siren Song

 








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jersey, embellished tulle
Cardigan: Collectif Vintage via That Shop knit, embroidery
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Bag: Sportsgirl woven straw

*

As a child I was always fascinated by mermaids - in fact, it was my most beloved page of the "Childcraft Annual" & I used to take it from the bookshelf and look at it often, hypnotised by the image of the beautiful half-fish, half woman sitting on a rock in the choppy waters, brushing her long, flowing hair with a shell comb while a ship was sinking beneath the waves nearby... not to mention that moment in Disney's "Peter Pan" when the mermaids of the Neverland Lagoon are jealous of Wendy & want to drown her (I know, children's books & films of yesteryear had some interesting subject matter to say the least) but Peter saves her at the very last second. That sense of ethereal enchantment has never wavered, so I was more than a little excited when one of my favourite vintage-inspired labels, Collectif Vintage, brought out a cropped, white knitted cardigan with navy mermaid embroidery & tiny little buttons! Honestly, when I saw it on That Shop's website, I audibly gasped a little bit. I've styled it up here with a beautiful fit-to-flare dress from Aussie designer Anthea Crawford with a jersey faux-wrap bodice, white & blue floral embellished & seuqinned tulle skirt & grosgrain ribbon belt, a pair of shiny navy patent leather ankle boots from Wittner & a natural woven straw bucket bag from Sportsgirl to complete the look.

Scroll down to see more...








No comments:

Post a Comment