Monday 8 October 2018

By The Beach #2


Ready for more holiday snapshots? Of course you are!
Scroll down to see more; I have so much to share with you...




*

Dress: Kindah Khalidy x Gorman cotton jersey
Gaucho Pants: Kindah Khalidy x Gorman linen blend
Sneakers: Wittner leather
Bag: Homestore Ashgrove cane, vinyl
Bracelets: Gone Dotti lava bead, carved stone, tassels

*

Nothing better than a morning trek over the Greenmount Hill walking trail wearing a vibrant "Holiday" printed t-shirt & wide-legged gaucho pants from the collaboration between artist Kindah Khalidy & Australian fashion stalwart Gorman, a partnership that I would describe as Ken Done & Jenny Kee for a new generation. The "fresh, colourful chaos" of the green printed pieces worked well in the lush, beachy setting & was the epitome of comfort-meeting-style, particularly when worn with a pair of white leather sneakers from Wittner & white cane crossbody bag with vinyl strap that I picked up from a little boutique called Homestore Ashgrove & expect to be rocking all summer long. The funky nature of the print rendered further embellishment unnecessary, save for a pair of black lava beaded bracelets with carved stone buddha pendants, silver angels wings & twine tassels from Gone Dotti, my all-time favourite stall from the weekend markets at Southbank Parklands.






*













*

Swimming Togs: Millers Fashion lycra
Top: Ava Ruby via Fiera Boutique cotton, lace
Anklet: Sabah Lifestyle twine, shell, beads

*

It wouldn't be a beach holiday without the obligatory swimwear shots, now would it? After many years of shying away from photographing myself in a swimsuit (never thin enough, tall enough, flat-chested enough for my liking) I decided to make a radical change & accept myself the way I am... which was a lot easier to do in this gorgeous mint green & peach floral one-piece from Millers Fashion, which has a little skirt to elongate my frame & thicker straps to support my bustline without the need for restrictive underwire. In order to protect my skin from the harsh Queensland sun, I wore a gorgeous floaty white cotton blouse trimmed with lace that I found at the beautiful Fiera Boutique in Bulimba as a stylish & girly cover-up. Finally, I donned a shell, bead & twine anklet from a boutique called Sabah Lifestyle in The Strand at Coolangatta for that touch of bohemian whimsy that avid readers will know that I am quite partial to.













*


Filling up on delicious cuisine from Thai Ruby at Coolangatta. If you are ever in the area, it comes HIGHLY RECOMMENDED; we probably ate it four or five times in the two weeks we were away & it was utterly mouthwatering every. single. time.

*





*

Dress: Pashin linen, embroidery, embellishment
Sneakers: Wittner leather
Bag: Homestore Ashgrove cane, vinyl
Bracelets: Emmala by Emma wood beads, silver charms, tassels

*

Walks to Kirra in the late afternoon have got to be up there with some of life's greatest "simple" pleasures. There's just something magical about how the blue of the ocean meets the sparkling golden sand as the sun begins to set. I'm enjoying the view from the historical Kirra Pavilion - which also affords me prime views of the Iron Eagle, a sculpture that stands on the lookout searching for the return of Kirra Beach's famous wavebreaks - wearing a funky, Hmong-style navy linen mini dress with red woven embroidery & embellishment that I found in a little store called Pashin in Burleigh Heads, comfortable white leather sneakers from Wittner, white cane crossbody bag with vinyl strap from Homestore Ashgrove & a pair of wooden beaded bracelets with silver charms & twine tassels from Emmala by Emma, purchased from the Coolangatta Markets a few years ago now. 





No comments:

Post a Comment