Sunday 7 October 2018

By The Beach #1



You may have noticed how quiet it has been on Franny Gets Frocked over the last two weeks while I was on my yearly beach getaway at the Gold Coast with the family... Well, I'm back & ready to share all the gorgeous pictures with you lovely readers! Be sure to check in each day for the next installment of my "By The Beach" blog series (there's nine in all) to see what we did, what we saw & most importantly (for this forum, at least) what I wore...






*

Dress: Maiocchi linen
T-shirt: Seed Heritage cotton
Anorak: Esprit linen
Sandals: Novo vinyl
Bag: Vendula London vegan leather with brass hardware
Bracelets: Emmala by Emma wood beads, silver charms, tassels

*

After a mammoth drive down to the Goldie on what can only be described as one of the busiest days of the year (owing to the start of school holidays) we took a detour to Currumbin Beach to catch the last day of the Swell Sculpture Festival, featuring awe-inspiring works of sculpture created by talented local, national & international artists in a stunning natural setting. I wore my brand new "picnic blanket" red & white checked linen midi dress with tie shoulder straps from Maiocchi as a pinafore, donning a white cotton t-shirt from Seed Heritage for underneath to evoke those classic summer vibes I remember from childhood. September weather can often be unpredictable, so I took a terracotta linen anorak from Esprit that I purchased for only $20 in the closing down sale... regrettably unncessary on this occasion. When it came to accessories, I chose a pair of creamy beige vinyl heeled sandals from Novo (not the most practical for the sand & surf, I'll admit) & retro-inspired "Tiki Bar" vegan leather handbag from Vendula London, my second item from the brand (I'm also the proud owner of the kitschy "Biscuit Shop" bag) & perfect for those "Elvis in Blue Hawaii" moments. Jewellery was kept simple - a pair of bohemian wooden beaded bracelets with silver charms & twine tassels from Emmala by Emma that I picked up from the Coolangatta Markets a few years ago now. 

Scroll down for a peek at our immersive art experience...











Ladies who love checked fabrics...








War of the Worlds, eat your heart out!















Mirror Mirror







Like a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's The Birds...





Feeling like an extra in The Wicker Man...

No comments:

Post a Comment