Tuesday 10 March 2020

Fourth Child





*

Dress: Lady Vintage via That Shop cotton
Mules: Wittner suede
Bag: French Connection suede, vinyl with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Brooch: Gift, handmade painted ceramic

*

Finding a place with great food & an equally amazing atmosphere that isn't too far away from home can be difficult, but I think I've finally "nailed it" with Fourthchild Cafe Restaurant. My father & I dropped in the other day for a quick lunch & were pleasantly surprised by the new, much larger premises (helpfully across the road & "up a bit" from the previous location) & the service we received from waitstaff throughout our visit. The homemade, chunky beef pie that I ordered (washed down with a refreshing "Shirley Temple" of grenadine & soda water) was delicious too & the portion size as epic as before. 

It also provided me with the perfect opportunity to wear my new floral cotton fit-to-flare dress from Lady V London via That Shop that was ideal for this intensely humid weather we've been experiencing with its lighter weight, shorter hem & square neckline, styled up with a classic pair of black suede, pointy-toed mules from Wittner & a boxy black suede & vinyl handbag with oversized silver handles from French Connection. Jewellery was kept simple yet statement-making - a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop for some daytime shine & a handpainted ceramic brooch in the shape of a magpie that some dear friends gifted me, knowing my affinity for the birds since childhood.

Scroll down to see more snippets from the day...





No comments:

Post a Comment