Tuesday 24 March 2020

Palm Trees & Red Leopards









*

Dress: Retrospec'd cotton
Sandals: Jo Mercer leather, chrome buckles
Bag: French Connection vinyl with chrome hardware
Belt: HellBunny via That Shop patent, elastic
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver

*

These pictures were taken less than a month ago & already the world has changed so dramatically that for many people, it's almost unrecognisable. I'll admit that on this particular day I was just getting a few things from a local shopping centre with my father & took for granted our time spent sitting & sipping gelato milkshakes before snapping these few sweet pictures outside on the amazing palm-tree-swing set up but looking back on it, it's little things like this that I can't wait to get back to when this is all over. Sweet smiles, happy moments. 

Truth be told, this COVID 19 (coronavirus) stuff is all very frightening, confusing & distressing & it's hard not to get bogged down in feelings of hopelessness or despair when it comes to the medical & economic implications of all that we're seeing & hearing in the media on a near-constant basis & I wanted to address that here for all of my readers who may be wondering why I'm continuing to post what could be considered "frivolous" posts about fashion & lifestyle when it seems like the world is falling apart around our ears... I hope that my little part of the internet where I share with you what I wore & what I did is something that you can draw inspiration from, relate to in some small way or even peruse to pass the time & I really don't want that to change if at all possible. There are plenty of media outlets where the best information & advice can be found regarding our new reality or where there are forums to discuss all manner of issues resulting from the fallout & I would prefer that this become/remain a place of sanctuary where - however briefly - we can all find a few minutes quietude or at least distraction. I know there are many other fashion & lifestyle bloggers who are thinking along the same lines & hopefully, together, we can bring some semblance of peace while we pray that this too shall pass.






In these snapshots, I'm wearing a gorgeous, retro-inspired red leopard printed cotton fit-to-flare dress from Retrospec'd cinched in with an elastic bow belt from HellBunny via That Shop, a pair of black leather sandals with mid-heels & chrome buckles from Jo Mercer, a black vinyl handbag from French Connection to carry all the essentials & finally, a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop for some daytime shine.






No comments:

Post a Comment