Sunday 29 March 2020

Retail Therapy








*

Dress: Sacha Drake silk
Sandals: Wittner perforated leather
Bag: Vera May via Simona Ricci patent, paint with silver hardware
Hinged Bangle: Wallace Bishop silver
Ring: Oroton silver

*

Sharing a few snippets from back when in-person "retail therapy" was a thing, before our lives were all turned upside down by this coronavirus nightmare. I've been shopping at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown with my parents since I was a child & regardless of what I think about any/all of the changes & renovations made to the centre, I still love it & it still brings back happy memories for me. Traipsing around, ducking in to little cafes for something quick to eat, looking in store windows, talking to sales assistants, swinging bags full of purchases for those I love most... these are all of the little things I am SERIOUSLY missing while in social isolation/lockdown & things that I long to be able to do again, someday in the future. On this particular occasion - early Easter shopping with my  parents before some brunch at one of our favourites, Passiontree Velvet - I'm wearing a gorgeous floral silk shift dress with tie belt from Aussie label Sacha Drake, a pair of black perforated leather heeled sandals from Wittner for the ideal fusion of comfort & style, a black vinyl cylindrical handbag with chrome hardware from French Connection to carry all the essentials, a chunky silver hinged bangle from Wallace Bishop & finally, a delicate little silver circle ring from Oroton for that touch of daytime shine.


Devonshire Tea: Scones with Jam & Clotted Cream


Ham & Cheese Baguette with Pickles & Side Salad


Passion Soda with Frozen Blueberries, Lemon & Mint

No comments:

Post a Comment