Saturday 16 May 2020

Gigi








*

Dress: Anthea Crawford satin
Hat: Forever New straw, grosgrain ribbon

*

After traipsing around in the backyard to take photographs of this beautiful, new-to-me, lily-printed sateen fit-to-flare midi dress from Aussie designer Anthea Crawford that I happily purchased on Ebay for a tenth of the retail price (a few years old by now but barely, if ever, worn) & amazing natural woven straw boater hat with black grosgrain ribbon tie that I purchased online from Forever New's big online sale for under $20, it struck me how much the whole ensemble - in addition to my brunette locks with heavy fringe & sweet little chubby cheeks - looked like a moment that could have come straight from Vincente Minelli's 1958 musical romance "Gigi," starring the darling Leslie Caron. I have to admit, I'm not mad about it, either... Have you ever unintentionally matched a film that you loved? It's something that I'm guilty of quite often, if I'm honest.














No comments:

Post a Comment