Friday 15 May 2020

Thirty-Six Degrees of Separation












*

Dress: Anthea Crawford cotton sateen
Heels: Viguera Spain rope, plastic, leather
Brooch: Erstwilder resin, glitter

*

I'm so excited to be finally sharing all of the pictures from my socially-distanced birthday celebrations this year with you lovely readers! Despite the fact that the big day fell right in the middle of the strictest lockdown conditions & I couldn't spend the day with many of my family members & friends as I usually would or get all dressed up & head out to my favourite restaurant for dinner, I still felt the love & best wishes through the many thoughtful messages & gifts from those I hold dear... Can't wait to make up for lost time with you all when this coronavirus nightmare is behind us... Regardless, my wonderful parents helped me mark the occasion at home with a delicious dinner of homemade pumpkin soup & homemade fried rice with bacon, washed down with Grenache Verjuice mixed with lemonade that my Aunt had given us last Christmas & followed by a rousing rendition of "Happy Birthday to You" & slice of my birthday condensed milk & lemon pie.

As usual, I had a special "birthday outfit" all styled up & waiting in the wings - an absolutely stunning mauve floral cotton sateen dress with v-neckline, paneled waist & flared hemline from beloved Aussie designer Anthea Crawford (actually called "springtime," which is how I felt when wearing it, as though my spirits were lifted), a pair of funky clear plastic, silver leather & natural rope espadrille wedges from Viguera Spain that I found in a little pop-up store at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown while browsing with a friend earlier in the year & finally, a green & grey glittered resin brooch in the shape of an Ibex from Erstwilder's recent art deco collection - gifted by a dear friend - which was indeed the perfect whimsical finishing touch.

Scroll down to see more of this darling look...











Keep scrolling for a peek at our "housebound" celebrations...


Loving this handmade velvet birthday crown!







I'm not really one for traditional cakes, so this sweet-yet-tart condensed milk & lemon pie is a real treat. Yum!







Bluey!





So beautifully wrapped that it almost seemed a shame to open them...



St Francis of Assisi in miniature...






*


Can't wait to try this out! 
Approaching the whole process with a mixture of excitement & trepidation...

*



Am I feeling lucky?!



*





Couldn't believe it when this amazing hamper from Gifts to Adore arrived, filled to the brim with all manner of lovely treats...

*



Wind in the Willows vintage dolls... a little slice of heaven for this fan of Kenneth Grahame's classic novel as well as the 1987 animated Rankin/Bass film with Roddy McDowell...



*


A trip down "memory lane" with the complete collection of Anastasia Krupnik books that I used to adore when I was much younger... What a "blast from the past..."

*









Be Still My Heart... so overwhelmed...

*


Can't wait to get my hands on something from the latest "bestseller" lists...

*





There are no words...
The poster from my all-time favourite movie.

*


Touch of Sparkle!

*











Stunning keepsake pieces of jewellery that will last a lifetime...
Utterly divine! I absolutely adore Precious Stones Jewellers for their beautiful & eclectic wares.






*


Literally can't wait...

No comments:

Post a Comment