Wednesday 6 May 2020

Totally Minnie








*

Top: Neon Cherry polyblend, elastic
Skirt: Neon Cherry polyblend
Sandals: Novo leather, laces

*

When I was about seven or eight years old, I had this cute red & white spotted skirt that I wore to Sunday School with a sweet little white cotton blouse & kitschy 1980s plastic Minnie Mouse brooch. It was my favourite outfit & I absolutely adored it... perhaps even more so than the turquoise corduroy overalls I was obsessed with in preschool... 

This darling ensemble from independent Aussie label Neon Cherry (started by the fashionable Jenni Eyles of "Styling Curvy" blog fame) took me back to that happy time in my life & made me feel just like one of my dearest style icons, the inimitable Minnie Mouse, which was just what I needed to lift my spirits during this never-ending Covid 19 nightmare that the world is currently experiencing. The red & white polka dotted polyblend top is able to be worn either on or off the shoulder (depending on preference) due to the funky gathered elastic neckline & looks amazing casually tucked into the polyblend midi-length skirt with its asymmetrical ruffle detailing & tie belt to cover the strip of elastic at the back that makes it oh-so comfortable to wear all day long. As someone who adores dresses, I love wearing both matching pieces together but for those who love mixing & matching their pieces, both can be worn with other items - a white t-shirt with the skirt perhaps or even a pair of crisp, white jeans with the top. Owing to the whole #stayinghome, socially-distanced thing, I've styled the pieces in a casual way, merely adding a pair of white leather lace-up wedge sandals from Novo (years old now but still apparently going strong, which is more than I can say for some of my shoes that didn't last the long, hot Queensland summer & just disintegrated, much to my dismay) to add a bit of height to my five foot frame, but I'm looking forward to wearing them in many different incarnations in the future.






No comments:

Post a Comment