Monday 9 August 2021

Under The Gum (Tree)

 











*

Dress: Country Road silk/linen, buttons
Kimono: Gift, handmade & handpainted cotton
Ankle Boots: Wittner matte leather
Tights: Kitten D'Amour fishnet
Bag: Kesa & Konc velvet, embroidery, patchwork
Bracelets: Jeweled Bazaar faceted beads
Mask: Oroton woven hemp

*

Finally sharing all of the gorgeous pictures of an outfit I styled up to attend a recent exhibition of Australian Artworks in the River City... pre Covid lockdown, of course... With visions of the haunting beauty of eucalyptus trees in my head, I stopped at a local park on the way home & with the help of my trusty, long-suffering photographer (my father), we took a few shots in the winter sunshine. For the occasion, I wore an avante garde grey silk/linen blend midi dress with button front, high/low hemline, waist tie belt & oversized ruffled neckline from celebrated Australian designer Country Road with a unique handpainted mauve, grey & cream floral cotton kimono over the top that was gifted to me by my younger brother a few years ago & made by an extremely talented Japanese Australian lady that we met at a vintage & handmade expo. When it came to accessories, I donned a pair of high-heeled black matte leather ankle boots from Wittner, flesh tone fishnet tights from Kitten D'Amour & carried a deep green velvet pouch bag with embroidered waterbird & patchwork strap from funky label Kesa & Konc to carry all the essentials including the obligatory bottle of hand sanitizer. I kept things simple when it came to jewellery to really let the dress, kimono & bag combo shine but layered up some colourful faceted bead bracelets from Jeweled Bazaar on one wrist & finally, put on my black woven hemp face mask from Oroton to help keep myself & others safe during the ongoing pandemic situation.

Scroll down to see more...






No comments:

Post a Comment