Wednesday 25 July 2018

Creative Outlet














*

Dress: Zimmermann silk
Cape: Taking Shape velvet, silk, embellishment
Ankle Boots: Urge via Zomp Shoez velvet with silver hardware
Bag: Forever New vinyl with silver hardware
Bracelet: Tibetan silver
Ring: Gift, silver

*

While working as a personal stylist, one of the main questions I'm asked is whether I get tired of shopping so much?! The honest answer is no; no I don't. Each & every client has different needs, wants, feelings, fears, budgets & comfort zones & I look on their personal styling needs as more than just mere "consumerism" or idle "vanity." Dressing well - whatever your size, shape, budget - is more than just putting on clothing; it's presenting yourself to the world in the way you wish to be seen & can have remarkable effects on confidence & self-worth that shouldn't be underestimated. I look at each client's diverse needs as a puzzle to be solved & my enquiring mind just LOVES the thrill of the chase & the feeling of victory as I see a client walk along beside me, happily swinging the bag containing their fresh, new purchases.

For this particular styling job - chaperoning a group of five ladies around the Brisbane Airport DFO in search of stylish "winter woolies," I donned a gorgeous plum coloured, pleated silk dress with drawstring peasant neckline & voluminous sleeves from Aussie label Zimmermann, boho-luxe velvet & silk cape with beaded embellishment in the shape of a butterfly from Taking Shape's sadly-now-defunct "eventwear" collection (bring it back, please!), funky paisley printed velvet ankle boots from Urge via Zomp Shoez in Fortitude Valley & a shiny silver vinyl handbag from Forever New to carry all my essentials. Such an eclectic ensemble only required minimal jewellery - a Tibetan silver bracelet from a little boutique on the main street in Maleny & a handmade silver ring in the shape of a leaf, gifted to me by a dear friend on my 30th birthday.









No comments:

Post a Comment