Tuesday 10 July 2018

Disney on Ice










*

Dress: Jayson Brunsdon Black Label textured cotton, embellishment
Jacket: Matoomba poly-blend cotton, upcycled tribal garments (from Laos)
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Tights: Razzamatazz 40 denier nylon
Ring: Oxfam silver

*

Finally sharing ALL the pictures from an AMAZING night spent enjoying the sights, sounds & songs of Disney on Ice with my cousin & her two rambunctious munchkins! Avid readers of this blog will already know how much I absolutely ADORE all things Disney, so I was truly in my element, singing along with the sound bites from my favourite films while marveling at the artistry of the ice-skating, breathtaking special effects & inspired costuming. For the occasion, I wore one of my "old favourite" dresses in the form of a black textured cotton fit-to-flare midi with all-over three-dimensional embellishment from Jayson Brunsdon Black Label (exclusive to Myer) underneath my latest obsession - a stunning upcycled black poly-blend cotton coat with colourful trim made from recycled tribal garments that was handmade in Laos, found in a bohemian wonderland of a store called Matoomba at Montville. Freezing temperatures meant that my trusty black patent ankle boots with button trim detailing from Wittner were required, along with a pair of 40 denier nylon tights from Razzamatazz to keep my legs feeling toasty. Jewellery was minimal, as is par for the course in these colder months - a single silver engraved ring from Oxfam to complete the ensemble. 

Well, now that the fashion is all taken care of, scroll down to see how the evening unfolded...


"Birds don't just fly, they fall down & get up..."
Zootopia

*




"M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E"

*










"Tale as old as time; song as old as rhyme."
Beauty & the Beast

*




"A dream is a wish your heart makes when you are fast asleep."
Cinderella

*


"Bright young women, sick of swimmin' & ready to stand..."
The Little Mermaid



"My dream wouldn't be complete without you in it."
The Princess & the Frog

*



"Someday my Prince will come..."
Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs

*














"An act of true love can thaw a frozen heart..."
Frozen

*


"You ain't never had a friend like me!"
Aladdin

*



"When the road looks rough ahead & you're miles & miles from your nice warm bed, just remember what your old pal said - you've got a friend in me."
Toy Story

*










"The flower that blooms in adversity is the most beautiful of all."
Mulan

*



"Can you feel the love tonight?"
The Lion King

*










"When you wish upon a star, your dreams will come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment