Thursday 12 July 2018

Ikea







*

Dress: Taking Shape silk, tulle
Cardigan: Review knit with faux pearls
Ankle Boots: Wittner patent leather
Bag: Pigeonhole leather
Bangle: Shanghai Markets jade
Bracelet: Wanfu jade

*

Being partial to antique shopping, I'm someone who doesn't make it to IKEA very often & is kind of late to the Scandi bandwagon. Rookie error: I went on a rainy day on the school holidays. It was utter bedlam... & yet, strangely exhilarating as I found what I wanted (cube shelving to reorganise my insane, bursting-at-the-seams wardrobe) & was able to take a few cute shots in the "mock up" design areas dotted around the store.

I'm posing in a gorgeous red-rose printed silk midi dress with tulle underlay from Taking Shape's sadly now defunct "Eventwear" collection, cropped black knitted cardigan with faux pearl detailing from "girly" Aussie brand Review, black matte ankle boots with patent leather toes from Wittner & a black leather shoulder bag from Pigeonhole. To emphasise the green tones in the print of the dress, I wore a pair of stunning jade jewellery pieces: a beaded bracelet from Wanfu jade (a 30th birthday present from my younger brother) & jade bangle from the Shanghai markets to complete the look.




Scroll down to see more...






To celebrate a successful shopping "mission," we stopped off at Oishii Sushi Bar (one of our all-time favourite places to eat; highly recommended) for lunch:





No comments:

Post a Comment