Saturday 15 December 2018

Gospel in the Air







*

Dress: Anthea Crawford jacquard, organza
Heels: Wittner metallic leather with silver buckles
Bag: Nine West textured vinyl with silver hardware
Bangles: Gift, vintage silver (from India)

*

For me, there is nothing better than voices raised in song & although my usual preference is 1970s deep south political folk/rock hybrids (Creedence Clearwater Revival, anyone?) it might surprise you to know about my deep & abiding love for all things gospel. Growing up, I took singing lessons for many years & my favourites were always the "Sacreds" & at high school, the only parts of Monday morning that were actually tolerable were the times when we were made to sing a selection of classic hymns from the school songbook. It certainly beat the dulcet strains of the alliteratively-titled "School Song" anyway...

Therefore, I was clearly elated when some dear friends asked me to accompany them to a Christmas themed gospel choir performance & decided to pull out all the stops when it came to my ensemble. This utterly divine pale blue & silver floral jacquard dress with its sheer silver organza neckline, fit-to-flare silhouette & asymmetrical hem from Anthea Crawford was an ideal choice, particularly when mixed with a pair of metallic silver t-bar heels from Wittner (ideal for elongating my frame) & shiny textured vinyl bag from Nine West to carry all the essentials. In order to truly keep the focus on the dress in all its glory, jewellery was kept minimal - a pair of vintage handmade silver bangles that were a gift from a friend who was travelling through India.

Scroll down for some "action" shots... it's hard not to twirl in such a beautiful creation...







No comments:

Post a Comment