Wednesday 12 December 2018

North By Northwest




*

Dress: Anthea Crawford guipure lace
Sandals: Florsheim leather with gold buckles
Bag: Gift, woven rope, silver leather pieces
Bangles: Gift, beaded

*

Growing up, I always loved watching Cary Grant movies & as I got older, my particular favourite (along with the utterly hilarious Arsenic & Old Lace) was North by Northwest, directed by none other than the "Master of Suspense," Alfred Hitchcock. When I discovered that it was coming to Brisbane as a stage production, I must admit that I was somewhat skeptical due to my love of the original film but when some dear friends suggested going along to check it out, I gave in pretty quickly & put my hesitations aside... Honestly, I'm so glad that I gave it a chance because the performance was absolutely AMAZING. The staging was so clever, the dialogue as witty as I remember & the gradual building of suspense was expertly rendered. I don't want to give it away for anyone who is still to see the production, but the way that the "crop duster" scene was executed was UNBELIEVABLE. Seriously. Even after watching countless reruns on the television, I was shocked & amazed, which truly is the mark of great theatre, a great director & a professional crew. 

For the occasion, I decided to wear one of my newest acquisitions: a gorgeous blue guipure lace midi dress with cold shoulder detailing & silver satin lining from Anthea Crawford, which really suited the vibe & the era of the production. Rather than wear a pair of sky-high heels for summertime in Brisbane, I donned a pair of funky, metallic silver leather sandals with oversized gold buckles & striped stacked heels from Florsheim, matched with a neutral woven rope semi-circular clutch with silver leaf patches that a dear friend gave me as an early Christmas present & a trio of sparkly beaded bracelets in mixed metals (also gifted) to complete the look.





No comments:

Post a Comment