Wednesday 12 February 2020

Babysitter's Club






*

Dress: Anthea Crawford stretch pique
Sandals: InStep via Williams Shoes vinyl
Bag: French Connection vinyl, pompoms with silver hardware
Backpack: Gift, Typo vinyl

*

Dressed all casual & comfortable (yet still stylish) for an overcast morning spent babysitting. If any of you are around my age, you might remember reading "The Babysitters Club" books when you were young? I absolutely devoured them, given to me by the older daughter of some family friends & as well as thinking of myself as somewhat of a hybrid between Mary-Anne, Claudia & Dawn, thrilled at the idea of being able to be "in charge" of younger children while their parents were away... The reality, I must admit, is less than glamorous at times but nonetheless, every time I am asked to babysit, it always takes me back to that pre-teen moment in time. Truthfully, I'm even humming the theme song right now...

But I digress. In addition to this trip down "memory lane," you are probably wondering about the details of what I'm wearing. The hero of this ensemble is the deceptively simple purple & navy leaf-printed stretch pique dress from Aussie designer Anthea Crawford with its slight v-neckline & "twisty" (to use a technical term) waist detail that cinches in the dress at the smallest part to create shape, a pair of navy vinyl & elastic strap wedge sandals from InStep via Williams Shoes (purchased in the Boxing Day super sale for under $10), a circular navy vinyl crossbody bag with pompom strap & silver hardware from French Connection to carry all my essentials & finally, a gifted (thanks Renee & boys) "Stranger Things" vinyl fold-out backpack from Typo to carry EVERYTHING else including water bottle, sunhat, umbrella & a light jacket.

Scroll down to see more...









No comments:

Post a Comment