Sunday 3 August 2014

I Want Candy!



*

Dress: Anthea Crawford lace jacquard
Jacket: Just Jeans leather
Booties: Corelli @ Williams
Bag: Sportsgirl
Cuff: Kellie's Antiques art nouveau silver dragonfly
Bangle: Oxfam silver

*

A few weekends ago, I had the pleasure of attending the 10th birthday party of a family friend's daughter & budding fashionista in her own right. Festivities included a lolly bar, chocolate-eating competition, game of dancing statues & a GIANT Disney Princess jumping castle that I couldn't resist trying out myself!

It was the perfect chance to bust out the pink & black lace jacquard dress I had recently shortened (see yesterday's post for a remix with gold accessories) & pair it with my well-worn & well-loved leather jacket with Victorian-style collar to ward off the westerly winds that had cropped up, buffeting the jumping castle with frequency & ferocity...

Add to the fact that my dress matched the pink & green colour scheme & I was ready to party... & stuff myself full of the candy that childhood memories are made of...


















So how did my party dress stand up to the small-children-on-a-sugar-high-maniacally-bouncing jumping castle test? With (literally) flying colours! The stretch fabric allowed me the freedom to release my inner Tigger whilst preserving my dignity & hiding any sticky-little-fingerprint stains admirably. 









All in all, the "sweet" theme was certainly fitting for the special day of the sweet baby that I have had the privilege of watching grow into a wonderful young girl.

DOUBLE FIGURES ALREADY, ISABELLA RAE 
& I HAVEN'T AGED A DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment